This week features idea number seven in the series!!
IDEA #7: COLOR IT!
Another great thing about digital stamps, is that you can use the eyedropper tool to sample any color you like, to create colors in your digital stamps!!
Supplies: Kellie Stamps "Summer of 2016" set available at http://kelliestamps.bigcartel.com
I simply used the eyedropper tool in Photoshop, to sample the coral cloud color!!
STEPS: 1) open desired digital stamp (PNG file) in Photoshop
2) make sure you have that stamp selected in the LAYERS palette
3) over in the layers palette, at the bottom, click FX, and select "STROKE"
4) (I used a 5 pixel white border on the above stamp) select your color and width of border
and click okay.
5) click on the eyedropper tool in the left toolbar, and sample any color you wish. (I clicked on the coral color in the clouds above)
6) in left toolbar, toggle the foreground color to the one you've sampled
7) click on the paint bucket tool, and click inside the letter you want to fill (I filled the "S" above)
8) select your altered stamp in the layers palette, and drag it to your project, in my case it was this sunset photo
9) Resize if necessary
10) In the main top toolbar, click on the layers button, then flatten your layers.
11) save your project
12) I usually click the "X" and "Do Not Save Changes" to keep the original digital stamp/PNG file, or you can save the new stamp creation you've made UNDER ANOTHER FILE NAME!! :) Don't forget to rename it or you have changed the original stamp permanently.
This is the way I do it, but I am no Photoshop Instructor. It takes practice, but you can do this!
Thank you so much for joining me today, and happy digital stamping!!